Video testimonials are a powerful marketing tool that can help businesses increase trust and credibility with their target audience.
(Before we get too into this post, let me explain that when I say ‘video testimonials,’ what I really mean are video case stories. That’s for SEO purposes.)
These videos, which feature real customers sharing their experiences and insights about a product or service, can be an effective way to showcase the benefits of what you have to offer and convince potential customers to make a purchase.
10 Tips to Creating Effective Video Testimonials
But in order for video testimonials to be effective, they need to be well-made and rank highly in search engines like Google.
Here are some tips for creating video testimonials that will rank in Google:
- Choose customers who are passionate about your product or service. The most compelling video testimonials are those that come from customers who are genuinely enthusiastic about what you have to offer. Look for customers who are passionate about your product or service and who can articulate why they love it.
- Make sure the video is well-produced. A poorly produced video can turn off potential customers and hurt your search engine rankings. Invest in good lighting, sound equipment, and a high-quality camera to ensure that your video looks and sounds professional.
- Use keyword-rich titles and descriptions. When creating a title and description for your video, be sure to include relevant keywords that will help it rank in search results. For example, if you own a home cleaning business, you might include keywords like “home cleaning,” “house cleaning,” and “maid service” in the title and description of your video.
- Optimize the video for mobile. More and more people are using their smartphones to search for products and services online, so it’s important to make sure your video is optimized for mobile viewing. This means using a 16:9 aspect ratio and ensuring that the video looks good on small screens.
- Encourage customers to share the video. The more people who watch and share your video, the higher it will rank in search results. Encourage customers to share your video on social media or embed it on their own websites.
- Use closed captions. Closed captions are a way to provide a transcript of the audio in your video. This can be especially helpful for people who are deaf or hard of hearing, but it can also help improve your search engine rankings. Google’s algorithm can’t watch a video, but it can read closed captions, so including them can give your video a boost in search results.
- Utilize video sitemaps. A video sitemap is a way to tell search engines about the videos on your website. By creating a video sitemap and submitting it to search engines, you can increase the chances that your videos will appear in search results.
- Use compelling thumbnails. The thumbnail image is the first thing people see when they come across your video in search results. Make sure to use an eye-catching, high-quality thumbnail image that will entice people to click on your video.
- Use transcribed text to accompany the video. In addition to closed captions, consider including a transcript of the audio in your video. This can help search engines understand the content of your video and improve its ranking in search results.
- Keep the video short and to the point. People have short attention spans, and they’re more likely to watch a video that’s brief and to the point. Aim for a video that’s between one and two minutes long, and focus on the key points you want to make.
By following these tips, you can create video testimonials that are compelling, well-produced, and optimized for search engines. This will help you increase trust and credibility with your target audience, and drive more traffic and sales to your business.
If you’re not sure where to begin or you want a simple, done-for-you solution to your video case stories, schedule a call with one of our video case story experts today!